2013-14 CSRE Graduate Teaching and Fellowship Application
For 2013-14, CSRE offers two Teaching Fellow (TF) positions to support the teaching mission of the Center. Teaching Fellows serve 2 TA quarters and one fellowship quarter. The Senior Seminar Coordinator position is filled for 2013-14.
All currently enrolled Stanford Ph.D candidates, in any discipline, are invited to apply. Applicants submitting for a CCSRE fellowship may only be offered funding in one category; applications in more than one category are allowed.
- Applicant must have reached TGR status by the beginning of Autumn Quarter, 2013-14.
- Applicant must have experience teaching Stanford undergraduates.
- Applicant must also be engaged in research that addresses issues of race and ethnicity.
- Applicant must be continuously enrolled for the duration of their fellowship, and be on campus during the Autumn, Winter, and Spring Quarters of the fellowship year.
- No other employment, assistantship, or fellowship (unless specifically intended for travel or research expense) may be held concurrently. Exceptions to this restriction must be approved by CCSRE.
- TFs are required to attend a bi-weekly fellows workshop to present and discuss their research.
- TFs are required to attend the monthly RICSRE Faculty Seminar Series.
- TFs must be in residence at CCSRE during the fellowship year.
- TFs are asked to submit a brief report (no more than one page) at the end of their fellowship.
The Teaching Fellowship is an online application. The application consists of the following materials:
- Online application form.
- Current curriculum vitae of no more than 2 pages.
- Current transcript from Axess.
- A course proposal describing a class that the applicant might teach for CSRE. Proposals should be no longer than 3 pages and should include course readings.
- Copies of course evaluations or teaching portfolio (if available).
- Two letters of recommendation from Stanford faculty evaluating the quality of the applicant's teaching experience and graduate studies. Confidential letters of recommendation should be sent directly to:
Heidi M. López, Finance and Administrative Associate
Center for Comparative Studies in Race and Ethnicity
Building 360, Main Quad, Room 362M