2013-14 Graduation Dissertation Fellowship Application
For 2013-14, the Research Institute of Comparative Studies in Race and Ethnicity (RICSRE) offers three Graduate Dissertation Fellowship positions.
- Applicant must have reached TGR status by the beginning of Autumn Quarter, 2013-14.
- Applicant has completed all requirements for the Ph.D. other than the dissertation.
- Applicant has an approved dissertation proposal.
- Applicant must also be engaged in research that addresses issues of race and ethnicity.
- Applicant has a strong likelihood of completing the degree by the end of the fellowship.
- No other employment, assistantship, or fellowship (unless specifically intended for travel or research expense) may be held concurrently. Exceptions to this restriction must be approved by CCSRE.
- GDFs are required to attend a bi-weekly fellows workshop to present and discuss their research.
- GDFs are required to attend the monthly RICSRE Faculty Seminar Series.
- GDFs must be in residence at CCSRE during the fellowship year.
- GDFs are asked to submit a brief report (no more than one page) at the end of their fellowship.
The Graduate Dissertation Fellowship is an online application. The application consists of the following materials:
- Online application form.
- A current curriculum vitae of no more than 2 pages.
- A three-five page statement (single-space including all notes and references). The statement should address the following:
- Summary of dissertation research, including its contribution to your field
- How current work is related to issues of race and ethnicity.
- Description of how research crosses traditional disciplinary boundaries and how it will benefit from participation in the interdisciplinary Fellowship program.
- Transcript from Axess.
- Timetable for completion of degree.
- Two letters of recommendation from Stanford faculty evaluating the quality of the research project and its successful and timely completion. One must be from the principal dissertation advisor. Confidential letters of recommendation should be submitted directly to:
Heidi M. López, Finance and Administrative Associate
Center for Comparative Studies in Race and Ethnicity
Building 360, Main Quad, Room 362M