The fellowship awards tuition at the 8 to 10 unit level and provides an annual stipend of approximately $40,000 (covering all four quarters). Prospective Fellows must be nominated by CCSRE affiliated faculty during the admission season.
Nominees must be
- Interested in pursuing research that addresses issues of race and ethnicity
- Outstanding applicants who are newly admitted Stanford doctoral students
- Matriculating in fall 2017
- Nominated by a CCSRE affiliated faculty member
Awards will be approved by the Graduate Fellowships Faculty Advisory Committee (GFFAC), a University-wide faculty committee that reviews VPGE-administered Stanford fellowships. GFFAC decisions will be made in mid-March and the offer of the CCSRE-GF to recipient will be coordinated among CCSRE, VPGE, and the admitting department shortly thereafter.
To nominate a student, please fill out the online CCSRE graduate fellowship nomination form
Required nomination materials
- Nomination statement from a CCSRE affiliated faculty member
- Nomination statements should discuss the student's qualifications and fit for the admitting department; describe the student's interests and plans for conducting research related to race, ethnicity, and inequality; discuss which faculty members the student is likely to work with; and describe why the student is a good fit for the fellowship and how s/he will benefit from participating in CCSRE's program.
- Copy of the Nominee’s graduate application to Stanford, including transcript(s), references and cover sheets. *You may submit a copy via ADMIT (pool name: VPGE_CCSRE 2017). Unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
Nomination Deadline: Wednesday, March 1, 2017
For more information, please contact: