CCSRE Graduate Fellowship Nomination Information
The fellowship awards tuition at the 8- to 10-unit level and provides an annual stipend of approximately $50,000 (covering all four quarters) for three years. Prospective Fellows must be nominated by CCSRE-affiliated faculty during the PhD admission season.
APPLICATION DEADLINE - Wednesday, March 2nd
For the 2022-2023 academic year, we will be offering four fellowship positions.
Nominees must be
- Newly admitted Stanford doctoral students matriculating in Fall 2022
- Committed to pursuing research concerning race and ethnicity
- Nominated by a CCSRE-affiliated faculty member
- In residence at Stanford
CCSRE’s candidates will be approved by the Graduate Fellowships Faculty Advisory Committee (GFFAC), a University-wide faculty committee that reviews VPGE-administered Stanford fellowships. GFFAC decisions will be made in mid-March. The offer of the CCSRE-GF will be extended shortly thereafter in collaboration with VPGE and the admitting department.
To nominate a student, please fill out the form below:
Required nomination materials:
- Nomination statement from a CCSRE-affiliated faculty member. The nomination statement should describe:
- the student's qualifications and their fit for the admitting department
- the faculty members with whom the student is likely to work
- the student's interests and plans for conducting research related to race and ethnicity
- how the student will benefit from participating in CCSRE's program.
- A copy of the nominee’s graduate application to Stanford, including transcript(s), references, and cover sheets. *You may submit a copy via ADMIT (pool name: VPGE_CCSRE 2022). Unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
Responsibilities over the course of the fellowship year:
- No other employment, assistantship, or fellowship (unless specifically intended for travel or research expense) may be held concurrently. Exceptions to this restriction must be approved by CCSRE.
- Fellows must enroll in the CSRE Graduate Fellows Seminar.
- Fellows must attend the Center’s Faculty Seminar Series and quarterly Faculty Fellows Chautauquas.
- Fellows must be in residence at CCSRE during the fellowship year; they are expected to attend events and the biweekly seminar in person.
- Fellows will mentor 2-4 undergraduate majors and meet with them at least once per quarter.
- Fellows will submit a report detailing the year’s work at the end of each fellowship year.
Nomination Deadline: Wednesday, March 2, 2022
FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT:
Heidi M. López, Finance Assistant and Administrative Associate
lopezhm [at] stanford.edu or (650) 725-9141