CCSRE offers Faculty Research Fellowships to current, full-time members of the Academic Council and Medical Center Line of the Stanford faculty who focus on race and ethnicity in their research. Three fellowships will be awarded.
In order to apply, scholars need to have published a book, edited volume, or collection of essays between January 1, 2015 and June 30, 2017 (i.e., the past two and a half years). Instead of a book, scholars may also submit a collection of three research articles along with a 250-word conceptual introduction that links the publications thematically. Of these three articles, at least one must be published in a top-tier journal and one must be published between January 1, 2015 and June 30, 2017 (i.e., the past two and a half years). Junior faculty members are also eligible to submit book manuscripts for consideration that are near-complete and close to publication. These new works will be featured, in turn, at each chautauqua.
The 2017-2018 fellowship term will run from September 25, 2017 through June 17, 2018. We welcome fellowship applications from scholars in all disciplines, including the humanities, social sciences, science and engineering, business, law, and medicine. Fellows must be in residence at Stanford during the fellowship year and will receive a $2,000 research award in support of their work.
If you would like to apply, please fill out the online faculty fellowship application form
Required application materials
- A cover letter describing your new work.
- If you are submitting a book, please include a brief summary of the work.
- If you are submitting a collection of articles, please include the 250 word conceptual introduction as well as a brief summary of the articles.
- A brief curriculum vitae of no more than 2 pages.
- If you are submitting a book, please include a pdf of the book prospectus or an excerpt from the book.
- If you are submitting a collection of articles, please include pdfs of the publications.
*Faculty members serving in current leadership positions for the center are not eligible for the fellowship during their term of service.