Your Gift Matters
The Center for Comparative Studies in Race and Ethnicity (CCSRE) celebrates 25 years as Stanford University’s hub for innovative scholarship on race and ethnicity. Our mission is to advance racial equity through interdisciplinary education, research, and community engagement. Stanford's CCSRE provides the foundation for students, faculty and community-engaged fellows to do interdisciplinary work that combats racial injustice by championing multiracial equity. Please join the urgent call for racial equity.
- Produce innovative, comparative, and interdisciplinary research that advances racial equity, drawing on every field of inquiry;
- Educate students to think critically about and be leaders for racial equity;
- Transform research to influence policy, media, and public discourse on race;
- Increase the pipeline of scholars, students, practitioners, and leaders working on pressing challenges related to race;
- Convene diverse constituents to set national/global agendas to transform how race works.
Gifts from friends of the Center for Comparative Studies in Race and Ethnicity support a range of programs including fellowships, research, and community engagement. We appreciate gifts of any size. All gifts and pledges received during 2021 will count toward this 25th anniversary fundraising effort.
Making a multi-year pledge of 3-5 years would be especially meaningful as we seek to expand our programs and research to advance racial equity.
Annual Fund (<$10,000)
- Annual Fund gifts help facilitate strategic campus and community partnerships, world class teaching, and new original programming that benefits the wider community.
Twenty Undergraduate Community Engagement Fellowships ($10,000/year per fellowship)
- The Center provides summer funding to undergraduates for public service internships. Center staff develop placements with host organizations dedicated to work on race, ethnicity, and equity.
Ten Practitioner Fellows ($25,000/year per fellowship)
- CCSRE supports social sector leaders to develop ideas, prototypes and interventions that advance racial equity. Fellows include artists, technologists, journalists, community leaders, and many others who benefit from a year of engagement with the Center.
Ten Applied Research Start-up Grants ($50,000/year per grant)
- CCSRE supports faculty-led research designed to both understand and intervene in pressing issues related to racial equity through collaborative, action-oriented research.
Two Postdoctoral Fellowships ($125,000/year per fellowship)
- This new fellowship would enable the Center to attract the nation’s best recent graduates to work with faculty mentors across disciplines and lead research initiatives in the Center’s core programs, such as the Technology and Racial Equity Action Lab and the Race and the Humanities Research Lab.
Make a Gift
To make a gift through the Stanford University online portal, please click the button below.
For more information, please contact Scott Sugiura at the Office of Development, 650.723.1208 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Center for Comparative Studies in Race and Ethnicity appreciates the support of all donors who have made gifts over the past years, including:
- Adrian and Monica Arima Gift
- Ina Coleman Gift for CCSRE
- Anne and Loren Kieve Distinguished Speaker Fund
- Jeff and Tricia Raikes Fund for CCSRE